1. Education has been given priority. 19 % of the total budget is being
spent on education to make HP an ‘Educational Hub’ of the Country.
2.3228 kms of new roads and 231 bridges have been constructed in last four years.
3. 51 Awards by prestigious national, international agencies and also
by Govt of India, speaks volume about good governance and development
4. Under ‘Atal Swasthya Sewa’ Ambulance service is being provided free
of cost within 35 minutes to all those ill and in emergency. In one
year, more than one lakh persons have availed benefit of it; out of
these over 19,000 were expectant mothers.
5. Four time increase has been made in the money being given under ‘Matri Shakti Bima Yojna
6. Under ‘Beti Hai Anmol,’ Rs. 5100 is being deposited in the post
office on the birth of girl child which is given to them on the
attainment of 18 years of age with interest.
7. Rs 25000 is
being given for widow’s remarriage. Under ‘Mukhya Mantri Kanyadan
Yojna,’ Rs. 11,001 financial assistance is being given for the marriage
of girls of poor families.
8. HP is the Fastest Mover State in Overall Performance, Micro Economy : - 'State of the States-2009' survey by India Today